Why The University of Saint Francis Master’s Degree?
USF ranks 5th for Best Earnings Potential of all Indiana Schools.
93% of 2015 graduates were employed, enrolled in educational programs, in the military or volunteer service.
Value Washington Monthly lists USF as #40 in the nation for the “Best Bang for Your Buck” in education.
MASTER OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Are you passionate about caring for the environment? Do you want to better grasp how improved environmental health can benefit all of humanity? Our Master of Environmental Health (MEH) online program is designed for individuals who wish to develop a stronger, broader foundation of knowledge in the field, or in the private or public sector. Our unique MEH program addresses the major environmental needs of public and occupational health, hygiene, and safety through systematic and strategic approaches to pollution, toxicology, epidemiology, regulation, statistics, emergency response, and homeland security. The program also includes an introduction to techniques in risk assessment, exposure and communication, GPS/GIS, environmental sampling, and remediation. Professors who teach these courses are currently practicing professionals in the field, bringing a real-world focus to their classes. We know life is busy. So we’ve designed our program to be flexible. All coursework is offered 100% online in accelerated eight-week courses, ideal for full-time working professionals. You can complete the program in 12 months when enrolled full-time, or in 24 months part-time. In addition to successful completion of coursework, MEH students are required to prepare a professional e-portfolio which demonstrates mastery of competencies associated with professionals in the field. At the University of Saint Francis, our academic programs will hone your problem-solving skills, make you a better communicator, increase your technological competence, and sharpen your understanding of our complex world. For more program details, check out our catalog and course descriptions. Professional work experience in environmental health or undergraduate coursework in biological, physical, or environmental science is strongly advised. Students who have not completed two courses in college-level chemistry will be required to take EHS 500 for three credit hours. Students who do not have an undergraduate major, minor, or sufficient work experience in an environmental field will be required to take EHS 510 for three credit hours.
Applicants to the MEH program are required to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants possessing a bachelor’s degree or higher from a non-regionally accredited institution may submit a GRE score of 150 or above in verbal reasoning and 152 or above in quantitative for admission consideration.
- Possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- If the cumulative GPA is below 2.75, the applicant must take the GMAT and submit scores to the university for review. Or, if the applicant has five or more years of professional work experience, a résumé can be submitted for review.
- Professional work experience in environmental health or undergraduate coursework in biological, physical, or environmental science is strongly advised. Students who have not completed a college-level chemistry course will be required to take EHS 500 for three credit hours. Students who do not have undergraduate coursework in the environmental field will be required to take EHS 510 for three credit hours.
THE USF ADMISSION PROCESS
To apply for the online MEH, you need to:
- Submit an online application for admission.
- Submit your official transcript from the granting institution of your bachelor’s or higher degree.
- Submit a letter expressing your professional goals in pursuing the degree.
Good to Know: Transcripts are official only if sent directly to the USF Office of Admissions from the registrar of the institution attended. Transcripts are also considered official if delivered (whether by hand or mailed from the student, etc.) in a sealed envelope from the granting institution. After your application has been submitted, you can return anytime to login and check on your admission status. Once you are accepted, you can explore financial aid options. Then you matriculate and start classes.
This Is Your Moment! Call Today! 260.247.8118
Study from home — or wherever else you happen to be!
Learn at your own pace. Earn your degree in as little as 12 months.
Enjoy substantial savings versus the cost of a traditional, on-campus program.
USF provides highly ranked programs with excellent, measurable outcomes.