Why The University of Saint Francis Master’s Degree?
USF ranks 5th for Best Earnings Potential of all Indiana Schools.
93% of 2015 graduates were employed, enrolled in educational programs, in the military or volunteer service.
Washington Monthly lists USF as #40 in the nation for the “Best Bang for Your Buck” in education.
MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING
Like most people, you probably have a very busy life. At the University of Saint Francis, one of our main goals is to help you earn your MAT even though your schedule stays fairly full. Our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program provides the flexibility and convenience that will allow you to complete your master’s degree and reach your career goals.
Looking to become licensed to teach? The MAT prepares you for a career in teaching at the secondary level (Grades 5-12). Or you can earn the credentials you need to teach in a higher education or non-school setting. If you’re already licensed, the MAT will help advance your career. Currently licensed or not, earning your MAT is very beneficial.
You can enjoy the major convenience of studying right from home—or wherever your busy schedule takes you.
So, flexible course schedules to fit your schedule? Check. Tuition rates you can afford? Check. Your career goals within reach? Big check.
Imagine yourself with an MAT just one year from now. Study on your own schedule—and graduate on it, too!
Through the Department of Education, the MAT program is approved by two national accrediting organizations and the Indiana Department of Education.
The program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission via the Open Pathway, and has been nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1972. NCATE is now known as the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
The program is in alignment with the professional standards set by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).
Admission to the University of Saint Francis MAT program requires:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum 3.00 or 2.50 cumulative GPA, with 5 years of professional experience (2.75 cumulative GPA required for non-licensure track).
- Applicants that do not meet the above criteria must submit a passing Pearson CORE test of 220 or higher (Licensure track only).
If you are applying for the licensure track, you must also satisfy the following requirements:
- Clearance of the national sex offender check.
- Expanded Criminal History and Authorization form.
- Pearson CORE Test score of 220 if license area is different from earned degree.
- Demonstration of basic skills competency through one of the following:
- CASA Reading, Writing, and Mathematics scores of 220 or higher on each.
- ACT (composite) score of 24 or higher, excludes writing.
- SAT (CR and Math) score of 1100 or higher, excludes writing.
- GRE (Verbal and Quantitative) score of 301 or higher, excludes writing.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Previous or current teaching license.
THE USF ADMISSION PROCESS
To apply for the online MAT program, you must submit:
- An online application for admission.
- Official transcripts from the granting institution of your most recent bachelor’s degree.
- A statement describing your professional and educational background, and how an MAT will meet your career goals.
Good to Know: Transcripts are official only if sent directly to the USF Office of Admissions from the registrar of the granting institution.
Transcripts are also considered official if delivered (whether by hand or mailed from the student, etc.) in a sealed envelope from the granting institution.
After your application has been submitted, you can return anytime to login and check on your admission status. Once you are accepted, you can explore financial aid options. Then you matriculate and start classes.
This Is Your Moment! Call Today! 260.247.8118
Study from home — or wherever else you happen to be!
Learn at your own pace. Earn your degree in as little as 12 months.
Enjoy substantial savings versus the cost of a traditional, on-campus program.
USF provides highly ranked programs with excellent, measurable outcomes.